Wednesday 11 April 2012

The first Revelation that came to the Messenger of Allaah

hello do you know the story of the up comming of islam (where he went in to the cave and he could read)if you do the will you please help me. If you can please reply.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is reported in al-Saheehayn from ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr that ‘Aa’ishah the wife of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The beginning of the Revelation that came to the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was good dreams; he never saw a dream but it came true like bright daylight. Then seclusion was made dear to him, and he used to go to the cave of Hiraa’ and worship there, which means that he went and devoted himself to worship for a number of nights before coming back to his family to collect more provisions, then he would go back again. Then he would go back to Khadeejah to collect more provisions. (This went on) until the truth came to him suddenly when he was in the cave of Hiraa’. The angel came and said, ‘Read!’ The Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘I am not a reader.’ He said, Then he took hold of me and squeezed me until I could not bear it any more then he released me and said, ‘Read!’ I said, ‘I am not a reader.’ He took hold of me and squeezed me a second time until I could not bear it any more, then he released me and said, ‘Read!’ I said, ‘I am not a reader.’ He took hold of me and squeezed me a third time until I could not bear it any more, then he released me and said,

‘Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists).

He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).

Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous.

Who has taught (the writing) by the pen.

He has taught man that which he knew not.’

[al-‘Alaq 96:1-5 – interpretation of the meaning]

Then the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went back with his heart beating wildly, until he came to Khadeejah and said, ‘Cover me! Cover me!’ They covered him till his fear went away. Then he said to Khadeejah, ‘O Khadeejah, I fear for myself,’ and he told her what had happened. Khadeejah said, ‘Nay, be of good cheer, for by Allaah, Allaah will never disgrace you. You uphold the ties of kinship, speak truthfully, help the poor and destitute, serve your guests generously and assist those who are stricken by calamity.’

Then Khadeejah took him to Waraqah ibn Nawfal, the son of her paternal uncle. He was a man who had become a Christian during the jaahiliyyah. He used to write Arabic script and he used to write from the Gospel in Arabic as much as Allaah willed he should write. He was an old man who had become blind. Khadeejah said, ‘O son of my uncle, listen to what your nephew says.’ Waraqah said: ‘O son of my brother, what have you seen?’ [The Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] told him what he had seen. Waraqah said: ‘This is the Naamoos [Jibreel] who came down to Moosa. Would that I were young and could live until the time when your people will drive you out.’

The Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Will they really drive me out?’ Waraqah said, ‘Yes. Never has there come a man with that which you have brought, but he was persecuted. If I should live to see that day, I will support you strongly.’ But a few days later, Waraqah died, and the Revelation also ceased for a while, until the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was filled with grief.

Muhammad ibn Shihaab said: Abu Salamah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan told me that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Ansaari said: “The Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, speaking of that period when the revelation ceased: ‘Whilst I was walking, I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the angel who had come to me in Hiraa’, sitting on a chair between the heavens and the earth. I felt scared of him, so I came home and said, “Cover me, cover me [with blankets]!” So they did, then Allaah revealed the words:

“O you (Muhammad) enveloped in garments!

Arise and warn!

And magnify your Lord (Allaah)!

And purify your garments!

And keep away from Ar-Rujz (the idols)!”

[al-Muddathir 74:1-5].’”

Abu Salamah said: al-rujz were the idols which the people of the Jaahiliyyah used to worship. Then the revelation came frequently after that.

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4572; Muslim, 231)

al-Seerah (biography of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him))

No comments:

Post a Comment