Friday 13 April 2012

She wants to pray that she will be married to a specific man in Paradise

Some women got together and one of them said, “I ask Allaah to let me be married to Abu Bakr in Paradise.” Another said, “I ask Allaah to let me be married to ‘Umar in Paradise.” One of the women said, “This is transgression in du’aa’,” and she denounced them, but they said that the one who enters Paradise will have whatever he or she desires. Can you clarify this matter for us?

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah preserve him, who answered as follows:

This du’aa’ includes a kind of transgression. Abu Bakr will have wives, and ‘Umar will have wives and ‘Ali will have wives. But a woman should pray to Allaah and say, “O Allaah, I ask You for Paradise and the words and actions that will bring me closer to it.” In Paradise there will be all that a person can desire and all that can delight the eyes. And Allaah knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment